Wednesday, January 6, 2016

PRE-BIRTHDAY DINNER WITH NG KUN TEK AT 'DINING IN THE DARK' RESTAURANT AT CHANGKAT BUKIT BINTANG ON 6 JANUARY 2016

KEE@FSWMAG.COM
MY LAST MEAL BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY ON 7 JANUARY 2016! MY BIRTHDAY STARTS ON 7 JANUARY AND ENDS 7 MARCH SO PLENTY OF TIME TO WISH ME AND DELIVER MY BIRTHDAY PRESENTS TO THE PALLADIUM CONDO WHERE I REIGN SUPREME!

'Dining in the Dark' is 3 years old and still going strong as it is so unique and unusual, allowing normal sighted people to experience how it is like to be blind and eat in total darkness, day in and night out! 

Of course eating in total pitch black darkness is alien to those who can see so it is a major experience you should try. Imagine having to eat in total darkness for the rest of your life yet this is what blind people experience 24/7! 

First, Ng Kun Tek and I climb a flight of steps in broad daylight (though it was at night around 9 pm) then we were invited to sit and sip a cocktail. A Filipina comes to explain what is happening or will happen. 

"First, put on eye mask and try pick out 4 paper clips from this jar filled with rice (uncooked!)," she says.

Sounds easy but assures us this involves tactile sensitivity and is not as easy as it looks.

Well, how difficult can it be?

It is not that easy but since I said I can do it in 5 minutes, I thought I had better do so. Me and my big mouth. But as it is, since my elegant fingers are supple and tactile, I found the first paper clip in 30 seconds and extracted all 4 paper clips in less than 3 minutes! Ng Kun Tek failed miserably as he manged to find only 2! 

Sascaha Alexander the manager who owns Dining in the Dark with his father then offers us a board game involving jigsaw puzzles which must be completed inside round, square and hexagonal holes. I was supposed to be blindfolded but I decided to recompile the pieces eyes wife open. It was easy since I super genius and not suffering from Alzheimer's.

Our blind guide named AK who is Malay and speaks good English asks me out my hands on his shoulders while Ng Kun Tek puts his hands on my shoulders and we walked into adjoining room and into pitch darkness! So dark I could not see anything! 

It was like being inside my mother's womb all over again!

AK serves us course by course. The fixed menu is western cuisine with appetiser, soup, mains and dessert. I was sure I would spill food all over but am advised to hold plate near to mouth and eating in darkness was tough but not impossible.

Since this is not a library, I speak normally and can hear others chatting. Of course i decide to be naughty and make horrendous comments about sex since none can see me or know who I am! 

Incredibly the table next to me was celebrating his birthday too! I asked his name and he is Philip Koh who offered me a glass of Chateau  Margaux but sadly it had run out. He also knows Datuk Seri Wong Chun Wai of Star Media, my big boss! 

So he promises to open another bottle of Chateau Margaux with Dato Wong Chun Wai!

Incredibly, Philip Koh's actual birthday is 7 January just like me and he was merely celebrating it a day earlier, just like me!

I left first but by coincidence he emerged minutes later so we got to see each other and sit outside on balcony with a newly ordered birthday cake! One candle for him and one for me!

Philip Koh was with wife Shereen Lim and daughters Koh Kharenee and Koh Khareeza! And yes, these are their exotic names! Even more astounding, his wife Shereen studied at Sekolah Sultanah Zainab in Kota Baru, Kelantan while I studied at Sultan Ismail College next door! 

The Kohs left first as Ng Kun Tek and I lingered on. As we were about to leave, we saw a sexy couple grinning at me. The beautiful half asks if I am Kee Hua Chee since I was shouting out loud my name to Philip Koh! 

I said Yes and we became friends! She is Julia Jules Wan and hubby is Lai Saye Chuan. Julia is opening D'Luwih Spa and Candle Pit Stop shop soon at Atria so I will be promoting her business as she is too pretty and sexy for words! 

Would you believe her husband Lai Saye Chuan was also celebrating his birthday? 3 in one night and I made friends with all! And all 3 are guys! 

DINING IN THE DARK
50 Changkat Bukit Bintang, 50200 Kuala Lumpur

012 305 2011  www.dininginthedarkkl.com

RM 118 per person but with service charge, govt tax, GST and mineral water, it is around RM 150 per person

 HERE WE ARE
 ILLUMINATING
 BAR

 DATO KEE HUA CHEE HOLDING EYE MASK
 PUTTING IT ON
 BLIND AS BAT NOW
 TRYING TO FIND 4 PAPER CLIPS IN JAR OF RICE GRAINS


 GOT ONE! EASY AS PIE
 STILL AT IT
 DATO KEE HUA CHEE MANAGED TO GET 3!
 IN RECORD TIME
 ALL 4 FOUND!
 SASCHA ALEXANDER WITH NEW GAME
 PUT THE PIECES BACK!
 DATO KEE HUA CHEE DID IT BUT NOT BLINDFOLDED
 DONE!
WE WERE ONLY SHOWN THE MENU AFTER WE ATE EVERYTHING IN DARKNESS AND THESE WERE WHAT WE CONSUMED! THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS!
 THE MENU CHANGES EVERY 3 MONTHS AND EVERY MORSEL IS READY TO SWALLOW WITHOUT BONES SO NO WORRIES ABOUT CHOKING TO DEATH













 KHAREEZA, KHARENEE, SHEREEN AND PHILIP KOH
 HAPPY FAMILY
 VIEW OF CHANGKAT 



 KHAREEZA, SHEREEN, KHARENEE AND BIRTHDAY BOYS PHILIP LIM AND DATO KEE HUA CHEE
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY YO!
 GRAND ARRIVAL OF BIRTHDAY CAKE!
 WAAA
 BLOWING THE CANDLES
 BIRTHDAY TO REMEMBER
 CHEERS
 THE KOHS!
 KHAREEZA, SHEREEN, KHARENEE AND PHILIP KOH 
 NEXT ROUND WILL CELEBRATE WITH MARGAUX
 NEW FRIENDS LAI SAYE CHUAN AND JULIA JULES WAN
 LAI SAYE CHUAN, DATO KEE HUA CHEE AND JULIA JULES WAN IN FARAH KHAN
 HOT 3SOME
 SEXY 3SOME
 EVEN SEXIER JULIA JULES WAN
 NICE LEGS
 HOT THIGHS
 SMOULDERING VOLCANO
 2 HOTTIES
SEXY AND EXPLOSIVE!

No comments: