Sunday, May 13, 2018

GE14 WAS A SHOCK VICTORY OR DONE DEAL? FOR ME, PAKATAN HARAPAN HAD WON THE ELECTION LONG BEFORE 9 MAY 2018!

KEE@FSWMAG.COM

I AM BEMUSED AND CONFUSED AS I REFUSED TO DIGEST WHAT LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL MEDIA WERE DESCRIBING OUR ELECTION.

THEY WERE GOING ON AND ON ABOUT HOW SHOCKING AND INCREDIBLE THAT A 93-YEAR OLD MAN COULD HARNESS ENOUGH SUPPORT TO VOTE OUT INTO THE WILDERNESS A GOVERNMENT THAT HAD RUN MALAYSIA FOR THE LAST 60 YEARS. 

This of course gave the impression no one expected Pakatan Harapan to win and that Barisan would again be swept back into power. Almost all the foreign reports published overseas harped on how Barisan would win, albeit by a reduced majority or in a worst case scenario, scraped through by the skin of their teeth.

I mean, don't Malaysians and foreign reporters ever talked to Malaysians eligible to vote? If they had even bothered they would realise the Malay tsunami was already OTW and the beaches were as empty as my bank account.

Anyway, since January till 9 May 2018 I had been asking all Malaysians over 21 who they were voting for. At social events, private gatherings or before, during and after sex, I asked who they planned to vote. If I were Dato Sri Najib asking the question, many would, out of respect (or fear) of the Prime Minister, answer 'Barisan'. But since it was me, they told me the truth. All but one replied "Opposition".

Guess they would not bother to lie or pay lip service to someone like me. Though I am rich(spiritually and mentally) and famous and universally loved, I have no political power so no point lying to me.

I must have asked thousands. Only a few bothered to say "Secret, cannot tell" but when I pleaded, all said "Opposition". I was surprised all were so confident to say loud and proud they planned to vote for Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamed's Pakatan, PAS or even Independents instead of being evasive or coy. They had no qualms. "As long as the candidate is from Opposition, I will vote for him or her lah" was the clarion call. No sitting on the fence this time.

A few even said "If you were standing for election as Independent, I would even vote for you". Gosh, what a back-handed compliment. Dunno whether to kiss or slap them.

With such an overwhelming response, how could Pakatan lose? 

It was not a case of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. For Pakatan to lose, it would have to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! How on earth can you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

However on 8 May 2018, I had lunch with someone who actually said she would vote for Barisan! So that made 2 persons---James Ng and Setho! In vain I pleaded with her to vote DAP but since the food was so delicious at Mama Mia restaurant next to Poh Kong Jewellers, we gave up and continued feeding our faces.

Should I start my own ratings agency? 


No comments: